- David is invited by cake decorating schools and academies from around the world to share his art, teaching free-hand Royal Icing cake decorating masterclasses in UK, Norway, Portugal, Italy, Spain, Germany, Estonia, The Netherlands and Hong Kong.
- International bakery products manufacturer Ingram Brother's sponsor 'MERI-WHITE' Meringue Powder at all David Cakes UK & International free-hand cake decorating masterclasses.
- International bakery products manufacturer KELMY sponsor finest icing sugar at David Cakes Spanish and Portuguese free-hand cake decorating masterclasses.
- International bakery products manufacturer PRODIPANI sponsor 'Sweety Fondant' at David Cakes Spanish and Portuguese free-hand cake decorating masterclasses.
- David Cakes YouTube Channel recieves over 1.7 million hits.
- David is invited to The Hong Kong International Bakery Expo to demonstrate free-hand Royal Icing techniques while bening invited to promote Intenational bakery products manufacurer Ingram Brothers 'MERI-WHITE' Meringue Power.The 3 day event took place at The Hong Kong Exhibition & Converntion Centre.
- David is featured in Hong Kong (Asia) Tatler magazine and a selection of Asian media publications.
- As part of the Royal Diamond Jubilee Celebrations David is invited to Hong Kong to present a seminar on The History of Royal Weddings and give demonstrations in free-hand Royal Icing techniques. The event took place at luxiurious Aberdeen Marina Club in front of an invited audience including Hong Kong TV & Media press. During his visit he also presented a selection of free-hand Royal Icing cake decorating masterclasses.
- Cake decorating schools and academies from around the world, including Hong Kong, Norway, Spain and The Netherlands invite 'David Cakes of Distinction' as their International guest to share knowledge of free-hand cake decorating at seminars held in the host country.
- David launches 'David Cakes of Distinction International School of Cake Decorating Art & Design' offering speciality cake decorating Master Classes teaching free-hand techniques in Royal Icing and Fondant Cake Sculpture to name a few. Students travel from all over the world to attend David's Master Classes held at his premises in Crosby, Liverpool, Merseyside, England, UK.
- David secures a lucrative 3 year TV contract as a prestigious judge for a new International TV series 'CAKE WALK Wedding Cake Edition' produced by Buck Productions based in Canada & New York, USA . Each show is a competition between three professional Canadian cake designers competing for a $5,000 prize and the glory of winning against fellow designers to create one bridal couple's dream cake. Host Caroline Rhea (Sabrina Teenage Witch) guides viewers through the competition and David MacCarfrae along with his fellow judges are given the task of selecting the winning cake for the couple.
- 'The Wedding Guys USA' personally visited David to film an exclusive Royal Wedding Interview.
- David is featured on Royal Wedding TV documentary 'Inside The Royal Wedding' produced by 'Simply Media' . The documentary was broadcast worldwide.
- David starts negotiations for a TV contract after being approached by 'Buck Productions' based in Canada & New York, USA.
- David creates a celebrity cake sculpture for MacMillan Cancer Support: A six feet tall, larger than life, sugar sculpture of M-People star Heather Small was displayed to a lucky group of guests who attended the Macmillan Cancer Support carol concert hosted by Smooth Radio presenter Steve Collins. Heather signed her 'own arm' and was amazed at the detail and amount of work that had gone into the masterpiece. David created the sculpture in just 12 days to help raise money for Macmillan Cancer Support.
- David is commissioned to make a cake to celebrate the musical's £2m net since it first opened. Based on Helen Forrester's memoirs, the musical returned for the fourth time to the Lime Street landmark ë The Empire Theatre in Liverpool City Centre since 2004.
- Liverpool Biennial commissions David to create a replica in cake of Richard Wilsons controversial Liverpool art piece - 'Turning The Place Over' located at Moorfields in the City David says that this cake was one his most challenging to date as Liverpool Biennial wanted the cake to actually rotate - David rose to the challenge and the project was a huge rotating success!
- Wedding cake commissioned for Sheffield Wednesday & ex- Everton and Arsenal Footballer - Francis Jeffers & Lucy.
- Birthday cake commissioned for Liverpool FC & English International Footballer - Steven Gerrarn.
- Birthday Cake commissioned for Mrs Gerrard, Mother of Liverpool FC & English International Footballer - Steven Gerrard.
- David creates a giant 5ft caricature cake for Liverpool's capital of Culture Celebrations 2008 to help raise funds for Radio City 96.7 FM ' Give a Child a Chance' Charity.
The cake was unveiled at David's Crosby Showroom in the presence of The Lord mayor of Liverpool Councillor Paul Clarke and his Lady Mayoress Hilary Clarke, Liverpool & England's International Footballers Steven Gerrard and Jamie Caragher, Everton Footballer James Vaughan represented Everton & Englands's International Footballer Andy Johnson, and Everton & Spanish International Footballer Mikel Arteta who unfortunately were unable to attend the event.
Josh and Kyle Horrocks acted as Cake Mascots. The Champagne Reception was also attended by Sue Newton - Trustee of 'Give a Child a Chance' Registered Charity. Local businesses, TV, press and the Media also attended the celebratory event.
- Corporate cake commissioned for Alliance & Leicester / Liverpool '08 - Official Banking Partner
- 100th Birthday cake commissioned for Royal Liver Group
- Wedding cake commissioned for Liverpool FC & English International Footballer - Steven Gerrard & Alex Curran. Cake featured in 'OK' magazine 'World Exclusive Edition'
- Wedding cake commissioned for Phina Oruche from ‘Footballers Wives’ TV show and ‘I’m a Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here’ Reality TV show
- David presents a £1000 Wedding Cake and Corporate Cake to Radio City/Magic FM who auctioned off the gift to raise funds for 'Give a Child a Chance' Charity
- Birthday cake commissioned for Liverpool FC & English International Footballer - Steven Gerrard & Alex Curran
- Birthday cakes commissioned for Liverpool FC Footballer – Harry Kewell & his wife Sherrie Murphy from ‘Emmerdale Farm’ & ‘Loose Women’ TV
- Birthday Cake for Liverpool FC & English International Footballer - Jamie Carragher & his wife Nicola
- 70th Birthday Cake commissioned for Liverpool Comedian Stan Boardman
- Christening Cake commisioned for Liverpool FC & Holland International Footballer Dirk Kuyt
- Wedding Cake commissioned for Former Liverpool FC & England International Footballer - John Barnes & Andrea
- Christening cake commissioned for Liverpool FC & English International Footballer - Steven Gerrard & Alex Curran
- Wedding Cake for Liverpool FC & English International Footballer - Michael Owen & Louise. Cake featured in 'HELLO' Magazine 'World Exclusive Edition'
- Wedding Cake for Liverpool FC & English International Footballer - Jamie Carragher & Nicola
- UK Shopping TV Channel ‘QVC’ commissions David to make their 10th Anniversary cake.
- David is interviewed on BBC Radio Merseyside’s ‘Merseylifer’ feature on ‘The Roger Phillips Show’.
- BBC1's 'The Politics Show' commissions and films David making two cakes in the shape of the Lancashire and Cheshire boundaries which make up a section of the counties in the United Kingdom. The cakes were used to illustrate proposals to change the shape of local government in these areas. Transmitted Sunday 7th December 2003, the feature was presented and show produced by Liam Fogarty
- David presents caricature cake of Pop Idol genius Simon Cowell and the two finalists Michelle and Mark to Alder Hey Children's Hospital. The NHS auctioned off the cake to raise funds for the Children's charity.
- David was commissioned to create a £10,000 wedding cake for a high profile mystery client.
- Royal Wedding Cake presented to HRH Prince Edward & Sophie Reece-Jones.
- David appears on Granada TV’s ‘Granada Reports - Royal Wedding Edition’.
- David appears on BBC TV ‘Northwest Tonight- Royal Wedding Edition’.
- David and Edward featured in ‘Hello! Magazine’ Royal Wedding Souvenir Issue.
- David appears on Cable Channel -‘Live TV’.
- Cable Channel ‘Live TV’ commissions David to make their 1st Birthday cake.
- David appears on ‘Granada TV’s’ ‘Wedding of the Year’.
- Corporate Christmas Cake presented to ‘Cornation Street’ actress Cherie Hewson.
- Corporate Christmas Cake presented to ‘Coronation Street’ actress Beverly Callard.
- Corporate Christmas Cake presented to ‘Coronation Street’ actors Liz Dawn and Bill Tarmey.
- Business Woman of the Year Certificate awarded to Hilda MacCarfrae - Retired co-director of David Cakes of Distinction (and Dave's Mum!)
- David visits Florida, U.S.A. in association with ‘Liverpool Chamber of Commerce’ , where he was a guest at a large catering company, exchanging ideas and techniques
- Winner of National Training Award.
- Congratulations letter received from Baroness Margaret Thatcher for winning National Training Award.
- Granada TV 'Special Achievement' Award.
- Granada TV 'Flying Start' Winner.
- ‘William Shakespeare Cake’ commissioned for Alan Titchmarsh on BBC TV’s ‘Daytime Live’.
- 'Amazing Cakes' Novelty cake decorating book published.
- David appears on ‘This Morning’ with Richard Madely and Judy Finnigan.
- David appears on ‘GMTV’ with Tommy Boyd.
- Royal Engagement Cake presented to HRH Prince Andrew & Sarah Ferguson.
- Royal Wedding Cake presented to HRH Prince Andrew & Sarah Ferguson.
- David appears on ITV’s No 73 Children's TV show.
- David appears in BBC TV ‘Daytime Live- Christmas Edition’.
- Cake presented to Joanna Lumley during a radio link as she talked with David on an achievement programme called ‘Nothing Ventured’
- Cake presented to Granada TV’s ‘Krypton Factor’ with Gordon Burns.
- Launch of David Cakes of Distinction Showroom, College Road, Crosby
- It was a complete family affair, where everyone from his mum and dad, aunties and uncles voluntarily all gave up their time and energy to create the look and decoration of the showroom. David created over 100 designs for the original display . The showroom now boasts over 250 designs on permanent display.
- Granada TV 'Small Business' Award- David bought his first delivery van with the prize fund.
- David sets up 'David Cakes of Distinction' from a small converted back bedroom with support from ‘The Enterprise allowance scheme’ funded by Merseyside development grants.
- David studied cake decoration and food technology at Colquitt St. Nautical and Technical Catering College where he achieved 'Distinction' in Cake Decorating.
- He was awarded the The Renshaw Cup and a scholarship to attend 'The Richemont School of Patisserie', Lake Lucerene , Switzerland. This is still the top training school for patisserie and cake decorating in Europe. David’s visit to Switzerland, inspired the vision of David Cakes of Distinction which was soon going to become a reality.
- From the age of 7 David used to watch his mum bake cakes every Saturday afternoon. He used to play ‘shop’ from an even earlier age, collecting empty food cardboard boxes and setting up a pretend shop in his bedroom with a toy cash register that his Nan bought him one Christmas.
- David attended Sacred Heart High School, Crosby, Merseyside and was the first every boy to do Cookery as an option - before it was part of standard school curriculum. He fought through the taunts believing that one day he would have his own shop and make cakes for Royalty and the famous.